[USML Announce] What The .......?

Jeffrey Winick jhwinick at aol.com
Tue Mar 12 11:45:27 EDT 2013

Rick,

I was with you up until the "solid $15 pitcher" line.

Even if he finally lived up to his billing as the #4 overall pick in the draft, there's no way he puts up $15 worth of value from the #5 slot in the rotation.  And that, of course, would require him to stay healthy for the first time in his career.  Don't hold your breath.

I think what's really going on in is that the Rays are sick of looking at the guy, recognizing that they could have had Neil Walker, Jered Weaver, Billy Butler or Houston Street (all guys taken later in the first round).