[USML Announce] Notice of Hot Wax Seal - Brats and AFVs

Dennis Adams dadams17 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 17:39:35 EDT 2013

I definitely understand why my trade does not seem to make much sense for
my team, so I will quickly offer a defense of the trade (or at least my
thinking behind it).  I absolutely needed a closer and was not willing to
pay the price the Brats wanted for Perkins.  Norris may have been a
slightly high price for a closer on the worst team, but I do think he will
at least hold the job all year because the Astros have no incentive to
audition anyone else.  Also, my pitching staff is a lot of guys (Weaver,
Hellickson, Anderson, even Porcello hopefully) who will post solid ERA/WHIP
numbers so Norris stands to only blow up their progress.  It is also
entirely possible that Norris is unplayable a month or so into the season.
   Finally, if my team is going to compete at all this year, I can't afford
to post a zero in saves.  Hopefully the few saves Veras will offer will at
least boost me up slightly from the saves cellar.  My team is always a work
in progress though so don't think I'm done yet!