[USML Announce] notice of Hot Wax seal

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Thu May 23 10:41:35 EDT 2013

I sort of get the offense for saves part, but I think Andy overpaid from that perspective.  More importantly, why would a team that's going nowhere this year (K9) take on a long-term contract on a guy who's about one bad outing away from becoming a former closer?  It's not as if Pestano will be a big enough bargain at $9 to offset Johnson's contract, if Pestano takes over the job.  I think Andy screwed himself.

Meanwhile, looking at developments that may actually be relevant to the title chase, Ryan Madson's looking like toast:

Ryan Madson has experienced yet another setback in his recovery from Tommy John elbow surgery.
Madson felt renewed soreness in his right arm while trying to throw this week and has been shut down indefinitely. There is no longer a timetable for his return and he can be dropped in most fantasy formats at this point. Ernesto Frieri is the Angels' ninth-inning man. May 22 - 4:15 PM

With Jeff and Block deadlocked in saves, and June 1 right around the corner, I feel a flurry of activity coming on.