[USML Announce] Order Has Been Restored

Jeffrey Winick jhwinick at aol.com
Sun May 26 08:36:24 EDT 2013

Brother Brad Lee,

How exactly is this dismantling of the Berliners title dreams going to happen?  Because the only thing I've seen so far is the dismantling of any title hopes of the Riptorns for both 2013 and 2014.  Let's take a look....shall we?

6 players near or below the Mendoza line.  That might be a league record.  And the pitching, while excellent so far, is built upon a foundation of Chris Sale's  fragile arm.

But the real problem is that your "keepers" aren't keepers.

No way does even the sweet talking Brad Lee talk someone into taking Mike Moustakas and his guaranteed contract off his hands.
Viciedo is cheap at $4, but that salary happens to match the number of home runs he's hit.  Yawn.
Middlebrooks and his .201 average and ongoing health issues aren't likely to generate much interest.
Sano, Bogaerts, Williams are all $5 beans, but they're not exactly on the brink of producing at the big league level.
Singleton has a drug problem to go with his $10 salary and Myers looks like he just might be toast.
And other than Buchholz, there really isn't much in the way of "keepers" among your pitchers.

So where does that leave you?  You've got Mike Trout.  I dare you!  And that begs the question of how a team can trade away a guy like Trout and get enough back to dramatically improve.

You're toast Mr. Jansen.  As your friend I feel it is my duty to administer the strong medicine.  Find someone to dump to and don't wait too long.  You may still be able to contend in 2014.