[USML Announce] The kid Sano's how to hit

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Mon Jul 6 16:25:38 EDT 2015

>From today's team-by-team notes in Rotoworld:  " I’ve probably made this clear in my writings by now, but I don’t think Miguel Sano is ready to hit major league right-handers. And the Twins obviously didn’t bring him up from Double-A just to use him against lefties. My assumption is that Sano will prove useless in mixed leagues, but the power is there for him to prove me wrong."

And with a $10 salary, he needs to be reasonably decent, even next year, to have any value.  If he turns out to be a year or two away, and then takes another year or so to really click in the majors (reasonably common), then he provides very little value to a buyer over the course of this contract.  Not saying I wouldn't take him--because I surely would given his upside potential--I just wouldn't attach a huge value to him.  A $2 guy (like Gallo) has a much shorter and more direct route to real fantasy value.

All that said, Klein's puffery, while less poetic that Winick's, is probably more brazen in its cut-and-paste of small samples of convenient stats to shill an odd lot of former prospects and just plain suspects.