[USML Announce] The New Web Site Is Almost Ready for Prime Time

Richard Robbins rerobbins at itinker.net
Sun Apr 3 20:13:38 EDT 2016

With one exception, I believe that everything that appears on the soon to
be gone http://www.usml.net web site now appears in the test site...
http://test.usml.net

The platform I'm using provides great flexibility, so if there's something
about the design of the new site that you don't like, let me know.  I'm
clearly not much of a designer and will gladly refine the presentation in
response to your feedback.

The new site provides a portal to the OnRoto site (click on the Current
Season and Team Management item on the menu bar).

The Constitution that appears on the new site incorporates this year's
off-season change.

The missing final standings and roster files from recent years have been
added.

The oldest collection of files from the announcement mailing list (November
2003 through the end of the 2005 Season) haven't been moved over yet.

Unless we run into problems with the test site in the next week or so, I'm
going to switch things up so that www.usml.net takes you to the new site
and, at least for a while, I will preserve the old site under a different
name.

After that I intend to move the announcement list and the new site to a new
web host.  I hope that transition will go smoothly.  The new host is better
positioned to handle the new web site and has more expertise with the
mailing list.  The cost will be about the same, perhaps a little less.

Andy (and others too) if you think there's a better label for Pippin's
Perch, let me know.

If there are other items you think belong there, please let me know.
Peruse the old mailing list archives if there's a good song from Brad or a
history lesson from Andy that should be included.

Going forward I think we might have fun using the Blog (now under the
Banter) link, to record some of the random and often amusing anecdotes that
we have historically tossed out on the announcement list.

Play ball.