[USML Announce] Trubisky

Doug Shabelman Doug.Shabelman at burnsent.com
Fri Apr 28 11:42:57 EDT 2017

Based on the two other quarterback trades, it doesn't appear to be the initial huge overpay if he becomes a good quarterback. Yes, it's an if and yes they have other needs as well.

I liken this also to when Krause wanted to prolong his job tenure when he traded for/drafted Curry and Chandler.

As this article points out, the value of quarterbacks on rookie contracts can far exceed their value on the open market and is far greater than most any other position.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19261281/how-lure-low-cost-qb-caused-bears-chiefs-texans-trade-2017-nfl-draft