[USML Announce] WSJ on KC Royals

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Tue Aug 15 12:08:04 EDT 2017

Jared DIamond (author of Guns, Germs and Steel) has been writing some good baseball columns for the Wall Street Journal--not surprisingly, with a wonky stat-head perspective.  Today, the Journal is running a fun story on the Kansas City Royals and the way they've defied projections like PECOTA, consistently winning far more than their projected share over the past 4-5 years.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-baseball-team-that-computer-models-cant-figure-out-1502806068

I'm hoping the KC magic rubs off on the Nukes--with Cain, Moustakas, Kennedy, Hammel and Escobar on the Nukes' roster.  I'll need all the help I can get to hold off the Evil Empire.*

Mark K

*Copyright 2017 (C) NukesEnterprises, Inc.