[USML Announce] Draft Day Greetings

Jeff Winick jhwinick at aol.com
Mon Mar 20 19:31:29 EDT 2017

At the behest of Brad I hopped on the first plane and headed to Florida to provide a first hand assessment of a few players of particular interest to Mr J.

Michael Pineda - fat, oddly disinterested and had trouble finding the strike zone. Not looking good at all.

Gleybar Torres - damn...the Cubs are going to miss this guy. But flags fly forever.

Chad Green - I'm not sure who grabbed this guy but it was a stroke of genius. He throws hard and was overpowering the Nats hitters.

Aaron Judge -  This kid is huge. You'd swear he lost his way from the football field if you didn't know better. But he's shortened up his swing and was peppering the ball. I'm a believer.

Brett Gardner - Stole a base and looked like the catalyst he's always been.

Joe Musgrove - Should be the 5th starter and he looked great. He's very tall and generates lots of downhill plane that resulted in ground ball after ground ball.

Jose Altuve - Hit into a double play. Much smaller than expected. When he stood next to Musgrove it looked like father and son. Obviously overrated.

Josh Reddick - It was warm but we moved close to the plate when Josh was at bat and he generated plenty of breeze to cool us down.

More to follow.

Jeffrey H. Winick
Harris Winick Harris LLP
333 West Wacker Drive