[USML Announce] USML 2018 - A Champion Is Crowned

Jeffrey Winick jwinick at hwhlegal.com
Sun Sep 30 23:59:31 EDT 2018

As the guy who got the short end of the stick last year, I know very well the disappointment associated with coming up just shy of the Damon. Congratulations and condolences to Mark on a great season.

This year was one of the closest finishes yet. I started the morning with a one point lead. But I was a mere 8 strikeouts ahead of the Bombers.

By late afternoon, the standings had flipped as the Bombers' pitchers put up 17 strikeouts to the Berliners' 7 strikeouts and thereby took a 2 strikeout lead.  The Berliners had nothing but Craig Kimbrel left but the Red Sox had a 7 run lead and no need for their closer. And yet....Alex Cora decided Kimbrel could use a little work. So in the top of the 9th Kimbrel entered the game and promptly struck out the side. That left the Berliners with a one strikeout win in the category and a one and a half point overall margin of victory. Two less strikeouts and the Bombers walk away with a championship. It literally came down to one of the last pitchers to take the mound in the American League regular season.  Brings back fond memories of Aaron Laffey.

Congratulations to the Calamari on a strong 3rd place finish and the Brats for claiming the last money slot.

Let the off-season trading begin. You know where to find me.

Jeffrey H. Winick
Harris Winick Harris LLP
333 West Wacker Drive
Suite 2060