[USML Announce] USML - FAAB bidding

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Wed Aug 28 21:10:16 EDT 2019

 . . . and why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?  -----Original Message-----
From: Bill Strotman via Announce <announce at usml.net>
To: USML Announcements <announce at usml.net>
Cc: Bill Strotman <bbuddhas at aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Aug 28, 2019 8:07 pm
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] USML - FAAB bidding

Why are men created but to suffer and to die??
You’re the one who said “ let me know if you have any questions”.

Sent from my iPhone
On Aug 28, 2019, at 7:24 PM, Mark Blocker <blockermark at gmail.com> wrote:

League:
  A quick update that affects FAAB bidding starting this weekend.  Rule 8.5 provides as follows:  "Except as set forth in the next sentence, the contract status of a free agent acquired on or before the last weekly transaction deadline before September 1 is that of a first-year player."  While this week's deadline to submit FAAB bids is this Saturday, 8/31, the weekly transaction deadline is Sunday, September 1.  That means that free agents acquired this weekend (or thereafter) will have an FA contract status and cannot be retained next year.  Note: I have checked my interpretation with league rules guru Rich Robbins, and he agrees this is the proper reading of the rules.  Let me know if you have any questions.