[USML Announce] Calamari Retention Roster

springkerb at aol.com springkerb at aol.com
Thu Mar 5 12:02:23 EST 2020

 Re McKay, he would regain rookie/Y0 eligibility due to the release, as long as he didn't pitch more than 50 innings or spend more than 45 days on an MLB active roster.  See Constitution, Article XVI, Para. 2, near the middle of the paragraph, sentence beginning with "Nothwithstanding . . . ."  He's OK on innings (he pitched 49).  Not sure about days on the roster, but he had 11 starts and 2 relief appearances, so he probably (but not necessarily) went over 50 days on the active roster.  So he might still be rookie-eligible if the Rays had him up for a couple of one-day stints to make single starts, or something like that.