[USML Announce] MLB shutdown pending

Frank Luby zachfehsvater at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 13:54:27 EDT 2020

Greetings,
This news just broke, and details are in flux, but it still begs the question: do we still hold our draft as planned on Sunday?
I'm fine either way, but there are three strong arguments for a postponement:
-- we have no idea at all when the 2020 season will begin-- the status and valuation of some very valuable players (Sale, Verlander, Carrasco, etc.) will change if the postponement lasts a while and they recover from injury-- some fringy but nonetheless important roster fillers may consider retirement or sign elsewhere and leave the player pool.
Thoughts?
- Frank