[USML Announce] From Contact Us: FAAB processing

Jeffrey Winick jwinick at hwhlegal.com
Mon Aug 2 10:51:28 EDT 2021

By the word!

Jeffrey H. Winick
Harris Winick Harris LLP
333 West Wacker Drive
Suite 2060
Chicago, IL 60606
(312) 662-4602
(312) 841-2817 (cell)

On Aug 2, 2021, at 9:44 AM, Bill Strotman via Announce <announce at usml.net> wrote:

 Long letter.   You paid by the hour, are ya ??

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 2, 2021, at 9:36 AM, Jeffrey Winick <jwinick at hwhlegal.com> wrote:

Frank,

That is the very purpose of the review/revision of the Constitution.

The Constitution will provide what has been the express agreement of the league since the issue arose in 2012 (it actually first arose before then when I raised it) and its reaffirmation in 2018.  The rule is that where there is an inconsistency between the manner in which bids are processed by OnRoto and the terms of the Constitution, OnRoto takes precedence.

Like everyone else in the league, I think it’s unfortunate that your bids weren’t processed in the way you intended due to your reliance on the written text of the constitution rather than unwritten (though express) decision that the league made when this issue arose in the past.  Hopefully it won’t happen to anyone else.

Jeff