No CTA for Cats!

USML Forums Forums Memorabilia No CTA for Cats!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Andy Klein
      Participant

Full story here, key quote follows:

“Northwestern senior cornerback Justan Vaughn doesn’t like riding Chicago’s elevated train system, but even he was looking forward to traveling by railway to Saturday’s game against Illinois at Wrigley Field. But Vaughn and his teammates won’t have that chance. The CTA and Northwestern lawyers weren’t able to resolve liability issues in time, and the Wildcats announced Tuesday they will not be taking the “El” to Thursday’s practice and Saturday’s game in Chicago.”

So let me get this straight. Jansen is the CTA’s general counsel. Sidley represents Northwestern. And the two “sides” can’t figure out a way to put a bunch of college kids on a train from Evanston to Wrigley?! Let me tell you, if this matter were being handled by Winick’s new firm, we wouldn’t be reading embarrassing stories like this …

That is all.

Mark Kerber
      Participant

I already knew about this. Apparently, Brad wouldn’t do it without Blocker throwing in an extra cornerback, and Blocker walked out of the negotiation.

Brad Jansen
      Participant

Happy to tell you my “acting” position ends 11/30, when I return to my day job as deputy GC. But those NU kids–what a bunch of wimps!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.