[USML Announce] Riptorns RIP

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 19:07:38 EST 2003

Gentlemen,

I am sorry to report that Mr. Jansen has definitively indicated that he will
not be returning to the league next year.  We should be making plans in
earnest to either replace the Riptorns or agree on a format for expanded rosters.

Having lost the argument to allow Jim to conduct an expansion draft, I tend
to agree with Jim that if we expand rosters, we ought not to allow a new team
to reap the benefits Jim was not allowed to enjoy.  Let's return all of that
talent back into the pool.

By the way, I will be entertaining offers from those who would like to take
over the role of prime Winick trading partner.  The requirements are that you
must be willing to exchange the same player between our two teams from one year
to the next and be prepared to accept wild swings between first and last
place from year to year.  One caveat:  despite the nice ring of Kleinerliners and
no doubt despite Mr. Klein's longstanding desire to be Berliner trading
partner numero uno, the Klein Nine will not be considered.  To do so would undo the
third requirement, which is a willingness to endure the slings and arrows of
Andy Klein.

Let the bidding begin!!!

Jeff Winick

BTW - you will all be relieved to learn that Brad has graciously agreed to
hand deliver the Damon to my office later this week.