[USML Announce] 2004 League Configuration

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 15:37:38 EST 2003

In a message dated 12/16/2003 2:30:20 PM Central Standard Time,
mblocker at Sidley.com writes:
League:

  Not to further complicate matters, but one of my Sidley partners, John
Gallo, has expressed an interest in joining our league.  He participated in the NL
league in our office, but says he follows the AL and would prefer an AL-only
league.  We should decide soon how to "award" the new franchise and to whom.

  -- Mark B.
Let's go to 12!!  I am serious about this suggestion.  It provides us with
protection against unexpected defections like the Riptorns and it sounds like we
have three good candidates.

Rich, don't let anyone else know, but I've decided to award you the status of
preferred Berliner trading partner as the successor to the Riptorns.  I'll be
happy to help you identify the wheat among the chaff when it gets to the
deeper part of the draft.

Jeff Winick