[USML Announce] USML - Final 4/4 Weekly moves notice

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Tue Apr 6 14:34:58 EDT 2004

Gang:

  Here is the weekly mailer.  All moves have now been posted.  The actual bid
is followed by the (next closest bid).  Actual salary is one more than the
next closest bid, except in the case of E. German.

I.  FAAB - winning bids

Winick:  J. Cabrera -16 (10)

Klein:  C. Silva -20 (8); D. Osborne -12 (none); R. Barajas - 8 (5); G.
Knotts - 5 (none)

Brats:  T. Perez - 19 (15); D. McCarty - 15 (none)

Nukes:  S. Pond - 12 (none); C. Durbin - 6 (none)

Bombers:  E. German - 14 (14)

Red Hots: T. Laker - 5 (none); M. Scutaro - 10 (none)

II.  E-mailed moves

Angrys reserve El Duque and Karsay, activate Grimsley and Aaron Sele.

DS

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.Reserve OF Jeff Davanon
and P Shingo Takatsu
Activate OF Ruben Sierra and P John HalamaGreetings;
TRADE:  J. Johnson to Klein Nine for F. Menechino.
WAIVE:  T. Womack (please add $1 to FAAB), T. Naehring.
ACTIVATE:  B. Arroyo (P), J. Cust (UT), *F. Menechino (2B).
RESERVE:   J. Hairston.
POS. INT:  M. Young to SS, M. Cairo to MI, J. Cust to UT.
FAAB:      $9 Ricardo Rodriguez (Tex).  If successful, reserve.
           $8 Carlos Silva (Min).  If successful, reserve.
           $14 Esteban German (Oak).  If successful, activate at 2B and
reserve F. Menechino.
           Please waive in order; T. Naehring, J. Tyner, F. Cruceta.
       Thanks,
         Rick
*German should be activated at 2B if FAAB successful.Bid $16 on Jolbert
Cabrera
If successful, release Fred McGriff
Reserve Cabrera

Red-Hots FAAB Bids

Tim Laker, $5.  If successful then release Tatis, reserve Bard and activate
Laker at C.

Here are the transactions that I entered on TQ Stats

Reserve Quiroz, Ellis, Sizemore and Donnelly
Activate Bard (C), Amezaga (MI), Kapler (OF) and Politte (P)

Please change Amezaga's contract status to Y1.MARK-THIS MESSAGE SUPERSEDES
ALL OF SATURDAY'S MESSAGES.  SORRY FOR THE MESS -- I'LL GET BACK IN THE
GROOVE SHORTLY.

1.  Trade

Trade Frank Menechino to Hoosier Daddies for Jason Johnson.  Place Johnson on
the active roster and reserve Bob Wickman.

2.  FAAB Bids

$20 Carlos Silva
$12 Donovan Osborne
$10 Jolbert Cabrera
$8  Rod Barajas

If any of these bids fail, please place $5 contingent bids on the following
players in the following order until I end up with a maximum of four players:
Gary Knotts, Mickey Callaway, Brad Thomas.

Waive players in the following order:  Einar Diaz (ADD $3 to FAAB), Miguel
Asencio, Omar Daal, Josh Hamilton.

If both Silva and Osborne bids succeed, activate them and reserve B.J. Ryan
and Scott Williamson.
If only one of the Silva and Osborne bids succeed, activate him and reserve
B.J. Ryan.
If Cabrera bid succeeds, activate him at 2B and reserve Brandon Phillips.
All other purchased players go to reserve roster.

3.  Input Transactions

As you asked, here is what I did by myself on the web site:

Activate B.J. Ryan (P), reserve Scott Schoenweiss.
Activate Jose Molina (C), reserve Einar Diaz.FAAB bid $19 on Timo Perez, CHW;
if successful, activate at UTE and reserve Michael Ryan. See 'contingent
waiver list' for players to be dropped from roster.
FAAB bid $15 on Dave MCarty, Boston; if successful, place on reserve and see
contingent waiver list for player to be dropped.

If unsuccessful on EITHER of previous bids, place contingent FAAB bid of $11
on Quenton McCracken, Seattle; If successful, place on reserve and see
contingent waiver list for player to be dropped.

If unsuccessful on AT LEAST TWO of previous bids, place contingent FAAB bid
of $10 on Jason Romano, TB; if successful, place on reserve roster and see
contingent waiver list for player to be dropped.

If unsuccessful on AT LEAST THREE of previous bids, place contingent FAAB bid
of $5 on Billy McMillon, Oak; if successful, place on reserve roster and see
contingent waiver list for player to be dropped.

Contingent waiver list; waive these players in the following order if
successful on any of the preceeding bids: 1. Deivi Cruz, 2. Mike DiFelice

The following roster moves were made on the TQStats website on the Brats'
behalf:
Reserve Trot Nixon, activate BJ Surhoff at OF
Reserve J. Morneau, activate Michael Ryan at Utility
Reserve F. Rodney, activate Erik Bedard at PHere are the Nukes' transactions
for the first full week.

Waive Jason Werth, Cody Ross and Antonio Perez, all of whom were traded to
the LA Dodgers.  Collect FAAB compensation on all.

Bid $15 on FA Timo Perez, $12 on FA Simon Pond, and $6 on FA Chad Durbin.
All non-contingent.

If Perez bid is successful, assign Perez to active roster at OF, move Aubrey
Huff to 1B and reserve Scott Spiezio.  If Perez bid is not successful, but
Pond bid is successful, assign Pond to active roster at 1B and reserve
Spiezio.  If both Perez and Pond bids are successful, assign Pond to reserve
roster.

If Durbin bid is successful, assign Durbin to active roster and reserve Kelly
Wunsch.

In addition, please activate Gerald Laird at C and reserve Sandy Alomar, Jr.
I attempted to perform this transaction on the league website, but was unable
to do so.  (I'm accessing the site from someone else's computer while
traveling, so that may be the issue.)  I therefore request that the
commissioners make this transaction for me.

MarkHere are the Nukes' transactions for the first full week.

[...]

Mark I.  FAAB

14 - E. German; if successful, to reserve

7 - J. McKinley; if successful, to reserve

waive in order:  Gil; Zimmerman

II.  Already reported

reserve: Gil; Morris
activate:  Fordyce; BergThis email message supercedes my prior email messages
with FAAB Bids.

I. Red-Hots FAAB Bids

Rod Barajas $5, if unsuccessful then Tim Laker, $5.
If I acquire Barajas or Laker, then reserve Bard and activate the acquired
player at C.

Marco Scutaro $10, if unsuccessful then Chris Gomez, $10, if unsuccessful
than John McDonald $10.
If I acquire Scutaro then reserve Amezaga and activate Scutaro at MI.
If I acquire either Gomez or McDonald then place the acquired player on the
reserve roster.

Waive Tatis and then Matt Anderson.

If Amezaga makes the Angels opening day roster or if he is on the Red-Hots
active roster, please change his contract status to Y1.

II. Here are the transactions that I entered on TQ Stats

Reserve Quiroz, Ellis, Sizemore and Donnelly
Activate Bard (C), Amezaga (MI), Kapler (OF) and Politte (P)Gang:

  These moves may not get posted until Wednesday night, so I wanted to
provide a list by team of the winning bids (and the nightmarish "next closest
bid" in parenthesis).  Also, there is a problem we did not discuss that needs
to be resolved.

Hoosiers:  R. Rodriguez - 9 (none); E. German 14 (14) -- see note below.

Winick:  J. Cabrera -16 (10)

Klein:  C. Silva -20 (8); D. Osborne -12 (none); R. Barajas - 8 (5); G.
Knotts - 5 (none)

Brats:  T. Perez - 19 (15); D. McCarty - 15 (none)

Nukes:  S. Pond - 12 (none); C. Durbin - 6 (none)

Bombers:  E. German - 14 (14); J. McKinley - 7 (none)

Red Hots: T. Laker - 5 (none); M. Scutaro - 10 (none)

  As you can see from above, there was a tie for the winning bid on Esteban
German, and there are no "prior weeks' stats" against which to break the tie.
Suggestions on this issue, in which I have an interest, are invited.

  Also, Bombers bid on J. McKinley; I am unclear if he was available to be
bid upon.

  I will monitor messages throughout the day to determine what to do with all
these.

  -- Mark B.

Thanks Mark- our messages crossed in cyberspace (great Packer minds think
alike). How about baseball trivia for the tiebreaker- I've got a whole slew
of them here.

                      MBBlocker at aol.com

                      Sent by:                 To:       announce at usml.net

                      announce-bounces@        cc:       Usmltrans at aol.com

                      usml.net                 Subject:  [USML Announce]
Winning FAAB bids and issues

                      04/06/2004 08:11

                      AM

                      Please respond to