[USML Announce] Blocker returns

john.fruit at usbank.com john.fruit at usbank.com
Mon Aug 9 08:04:27 EDT 2004

Mark-- you mean you weren't one of the 62,000 in attendance at the Packers'
scrimmage? The football season officially starts when Chicago sports media
start proclaiming on how this is the year that the Bears will surely best
the Pack. Should start happening any day now.

                      MBBlocker at aol.com
                      Sent by:                 To:       announce at usml.net
                      announce-bounces@        cc:
                      usml.net                 Subject:  [USML Announce] Blocker returns

                      08/08/2004 11:24
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "USML
                      Announcements"

League:

  I'm back.  For all of those who have been e-mailing me, my apologies for
not responding, but I have been almost completely without internet access
and therefore unable to respond.  Unfortunately, unlike Andy's team, mine
apparently did not perform well unattended.

  Glad to see things ran smoothly in my absence (hey, is that a hint?).  A
first class and public thank you to Jeff Winick for filling in during my
vacation.

  Finally, with respect to Jeff's question about the late reporting of
transactions (trades), it has always been my practice (perhaps an
inadvisable one) to accept late moves, so long as there appears to have
been a good reason for the tardiness.  This is one of the reasons I always
try to process submissions on Sunday night, to ensure I have everything
before inputting.

  My experience is that the leniency policy has worked, and that people
have been exceedingly honest about late submissions.  Here is an example
that occurred earlier this year that I think demonstrates this point.  An
owner called well after the deadline (4:00 ish) and asked to have a player
activated for the current week.  At 7:00 p.m., after seeing how well the
player had performed on Sunday (the player in question had a huge day), the
owner left a second message asking not to have the player activated for the
current week because he thought it was just unfair to get that much
immediate benefit from a late move.  The player was not activated.

  Hope all is well with everyone.  When does football season start, anyway?

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.