[USML Announce] Blocker returns

MBBlocker at aol.com MBBlocker at aol.com
Mon Aug 9 00:24:31 EDT 2004

League:

  I'm back.  For all of those who have been e-mailing me, my  apologies for
not responding, but I have been almost completely without internet  access and
therefore unable to respond.  Unfortunately, unlike Andy's team,  mine
apparently did not perform well unattended.

  Glad to see things ran smoothly in my absence (hey, is that a  hint?).  A
first class and public thank you to Jeff Winick for filling in  during my
vacation.

  Finally, with respect to Jeff's question about the late reporting of
transactions (trades), it has always been my practice (perhaps an inadvisable  one)
to accept late moves, so long as there appears to have been a good reason
for the tardiness.  This is one of the reasons I always try to process
submissions on Sunday night, to ensure I have everything before inputting.

  My experience is that the leniency policy has worked, and that  people have
been exceedingly honest about late submissions.  Here is an  example that
occurred earlier this year that I think demonstrates this  point.  An owner
called well after the deadline (4:00 ish) and asked to  have a player activated for
the current week.  At 7:00 p.m., after seeing  how well the player had
performed on Sunday (the player in question had a huge  day), the owner left a
second message asking not to have the player activated  for the current week
because he thought it was just unfair to get that much  immediate benefit from a
late move.  The player was not activated.

  Hope all is well with everyone.  When does football season  start, anyway?