[USML Announce] A Plea For An Orderly Process

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Wed Feb 4 09:58:59 EST 2004

Although Rich directed his comments to Andy, a similar comment would apply to Jim Barrett's twist on Rich's third proposal.  It is not currently on the table and no language has been prepared.  So, Jim, if you want to propose that, tee it up to Blocker.  If it doesn't go that route, it's just there for conversation, and we'll vote only on Rich's proposals the way they are.

Also, once the proposals are out there for voting, people need to vote yes or no on them.  A "yes, but" or "no, except" type of vote is ambiguous and doesn't help the commissioners tally the votes.  It's like saying, "I'd vote for Bush if he were smart and honest."