[USML Announce] New Rule Proposal

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sat Feb 7 12:40:00 EST 2004

C'mon Mark, it's not about simplicity.

In the eBay system you look at a bunch of bids, decide who won, and then
record a salary that's in accordance with the rules.  After that, there is
simply nothing left to do and no special handling required for any purpose
whatsoever.

Under your system, you record a winner, mark a different contract status and
then need to monitor all future trades for compliance with the new rule.

Your proposal adds an additional step in considering any trade involving a
player with a salary of at least $25, i.e., you need to decide whether that
player really is an asterisk player or not.

I'm not saying its a big deal, but it's certainly not clearly simpler than
the alternative.

Just call a spade a spade.

-- Rich

  _____