[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting - Winick's Vote

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sat Feb 7 14:04:37 EST 2004

My memory as to what we did last year may be wrong. Heck, I can barely remember what I had for breakfast. I agree with your sentiment completely about the need to clear up any ambiguity.  I still think I've covered the issue in my proposing text. Take a look and see if you think anything is missing.

Just so everyone is clear, my proposal has two elements. The first is to permit trading of FAAB dollars and the second is that if the first part fails, that we make clear that the only owner able to reclaim FAAB dollars when a plauer is traded to the NL is the USML owner rostering the player when traded.

We will address whether our compensation scheme should be extended beyond trades in a separate discussion and vote to follow promptly after we clear the current slate.

From: JHWinick at aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 13:50:45
To:announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] USML Rules Voting - Winick's Vote

Rich,

I have no problem with waiting on the second issue.  I do think that it is an ambiguity that needs to be addressed, however.

As for the first issue, I raise it because, contrary to your statement, we didn't treat the issue in accordance with my proposal last year.  As I recall, we allowed a team to trade a player that had been traded out of the league and then allowed the recipient team to "cash in" the FAAB dollars.