[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sun Feb 8 12:43:04 EST 2004

Did the Brats vote?  I think they may have expressed some views during the
"discussion" phase but not submitted a vote in response to Mark B's request
for ballots.  On the other hand, I may have inadvertently deleted a message
and missed their vote.

By my tally, we are missing votes from Rick, Doug and the Brats.

I understand that John Gallo is still considering whether he wants to join
the league.

-- Rich

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of JHWinick at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 11:01 AM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

By my count, the tally is currently as follows:

1.  Allow trading of FAAB dollars:  6 in favor, 2 opposed, 3 not voted.
This rule change has been adopted.

2.  Allow stats of players traded into the NL:  4 in favor, 4 opposed and 3
not voted.

3.  Revision to Anti Dumping Rules:  4 for A, 3 for C, 4 not voted.

On proposals 1 and 2 we are waiting on votes from the newest owner (not
Buddha), Doug Shabelman and Rick Gammons.

On proposal 3 we are waiting on votes from the above three plus the Brats.

Once we get this wrapped up we can turn to clarifying the few outstanding
issues.  One is FAAB rebates for players released and then picked up by NL
teams.  I would suggest that if we adopt alternative C, we're also going to
have to figure out how to deal with the salary floor.  Proposal C would
leave unresolved the loophole that allows teams to effectively drop their
salary to less than $100 of real player value (given an ability to buy a
$100 FAAB player and the ability to roster potentially worthless $10 and $15
reserve round players).

Jeff Winick