[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

shabes dbshabes at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 14:50:58 EST 2004

Sorry guys- I have been out east all week-

Opposed to trading of FAAB
Opposed to allow stats of players
Proposal C

Doug

JHWinick at aol.com wrote:
By my count, the tally is currently as follows:

1.  Allow trading of FAAB dollars:  6 in favor, 2 opposed, 3 not voted.  This rule change has been adopted.

2.  Allow stats of players traded into the NL:  4 in favor, 4 opposed and 3 not voted.

3.  Revision to Anti Dumping Rules:  4 for A, 3 for C, 4 not voted.

On proposals 1 and 2 we are waiting on votes from the newest owner (not Buddha), Doug Shabelman and Rick Gammons.

On proposal 3 we are waiting on votes from the above three plus the Brats.

Once we get this wrapped up we can turn to clarifying the few outstanding issues.  One is FAAB rebates for players released and then picked up by NL teams.  I would suggest that if we adopt alternative C, we're also going to have to figure out how to deal with the salary floor.  Proposal C would leave unresolved the loophole that allows teams to effectively drop their salary to less than $100 of real player value (given an ability to buy a $100 FAAB player and the ability to roster potentially worthless $10 and $15 reserve round players).

Jeff Winick