[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Sun Feb 8 21:01:09 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/8/2004 12:15:29 PM Central Standard Time,
john.fruit at usbank.com writes:
Also, could someone elaborate on the usefulness of having a salary floor?
Is there a roster integrity issue beyond just unloading high-priced players
to contenders?
Yes, but in my view it's mostly the unloading issue.  I was right at the
floor for most of the second half last year, although without the floor I probably
could have dumped at least a couple more players that would have been very
useful to contenders, even without moving any additional asterisk players.

Also, the floor prevented me from finishing behind teams like the Klein Nine,
which would have been really embarassing.