[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sun Feb 8 14:49:19 EST 2004

As Jeff pointed out yesterday, alternative C allows teams to get around the
salary floor by inflating the value of the players they acquire through FAAB
acquisitions.

This will not be possible with alternative A.

If we adopt alternative C then we will need to adopt even more rules to
handle issues stemming from the floor.

Alternative A is simple, neutral and should go a long way to dealing with
the issue Jeff is highlighting.

Depending on Doug's vote we will either be split 5 to 5 on alternative A vs.
C or it will be 6 to 4 in favor of C.

If the majority really prefers alternative C, then so be it.  I look forward
to seeing the creative solution that follows to deal with the fact that it
is "floor friendly."

Please reconsider your position on how to deal with the asterisk player
creation problem.

-- Rich

  _____