[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

john.fruit at usbank.com john.fruit at usbank.com
Mon Feb 9 11:34:31 EST 2004

It would be very simple to administer....you're either in compliance or not
in compliance.

                      "Jim Barrett"
                      <chicagojab at yahoo        To:       "USML Announcements" <announce at usml.net>
                      .com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [USML Announce] USML Rules Voting
                      announce-bounces@
                      usml.net

                      02/09/2004 10:22
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "USML
                      Announcements"

That seems like a nightmare to adminster.  Since rosters can change from
week to week that would essentially require a calculation every week.  I
think Option A is still the best solution.

john.fruit at usbank.com wrote:

 Well, I think there's other effective methods for dealing with salary
 floor puffery....perhaps by ruling that one player's salary cannot exceed
 certain percentage of one's total payroll (say by limiting it to 15 or
 20%).

 SpringKerb at aol.co
 m To: announce at usml.net
 Sent by: cc:
 announce-bounces@ Subject: Re: [USML Announce] USML Rules Voting
 usml.net

 02/09/2004 09:56
 AM
 Please respond to
 "USML
 Announcements"

 In a message dated 2/9/2004 9:17:25 AM Eastern Standard Time, JHWinick
 writes:

 > Then may I encourage you to modify your vote and switch to option A from
 option C. That would be, by far, the easiest
 > solution to strengthening the salary floor.

 Actually, I think option A goes a long way to fixing the problem without
 making any floor adjustments, although it certainly would not preclude an
 adjustment to the floor. With option A, a team can no longer put in a FAAB
 bid and automatically know it will add the bid amount to its floor. For
 example, last year, my $35 bid on Kevin Witt would have yielded a $5
 player, and my $51 bid on Brian Roberts would have given me a salary of
 maybe $20 or so (don't remember the other bids).

 By limiting the salary impact of FAAB players to a dollar more than the
 under-bidder, option A makes it so no team can unilaterally puff up its
 salary structure. That was one of the main reasons Rich proposed it.