[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 12:02:39 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/9/2004 10:58:44 AM Central Standard Time,
john.fruit at usbank.com writes:
At this point, I'm keeping my preference for the 'C' option. I don't like
the E-bay bidding process, in that there's no risk fro over-bidding. You're
going to have 5 teams bidding their maximum FAAB balance for a player
knowing that there's no penalty, rendering inconsequential someone's
sincere bid.
If you're right about 5 teams bidding the max, then someone is going to get
stuck with a very expensive player.  The only instance in which players might
be purchased for less than the value they were bid is the less consequential
players when only one or two teams bid.  For the big deal players, people will
still have to be careful about their bids.