[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 12:03:19 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/9/2004 10:34:41 AM Central Standard Time,
john.fruit at usbank.com writes:
It would be very simple to administer....you're either in compliance or not
in compliance.

Your statement is, of course, correct.  The problem is that someone will have
to do the math on a regular basis to ensure compliance.  That is the
difficulty of a proposal of this sort.  I'm sure Mark Blocker will be happy to weigh
in on this.

In the past we've had rules like this, (e.g. no more than 3 inactive players
on your active roster) and it was only sporadically enforced.  I don't think
teams meant to violate the rule, its just that some teams didn't pay attention.
 And then its up to the commissioner or some self-appointed league member to
keep track.  Its far more effective to have a rule that precludes trouble in
the first place.