[USML Announce] Bidding Strategies

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at itinker.net
Mon Feb 9 12:11:42 EST 2004

John,

Any owner who bids huge amounts as a way to ensure that he will get players at attractive prices given the eBay mechanism needs to have his head examined.

It would be a very serious mistake to bid more than you are really willing to pay for a player.

All it takes is one other owner to play that game for someone to get burned badly.

I think that there are reasons why people might prefer alternative C and I've tried to describe them in an even-handed fashion in prior email messages.  I mean no disrepect, but I don't think that fear of the strategy you mention should be one of them.