[USML Announce] USML Rules Voting

SpringKerb at aol.com SpringKerb at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 12:12:31 EST 2004

In a message dated 2/9/2004 12:02:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, JHWinick writes:

> For the big deal players, people will still have to be
> careful about their bids.

Actually, it could be interesting even for minor players.  Suppose I have a hole at SS and there's only one decent fill-in available, although he's no big deal.  In theory, I could put in a big bid, just to make sure I get him, assuming I won't actually have to pay the bid price.  If it works, I get the player at a modest price while knowing I'll be able to fill the hole.  However, if someone else does the same thing, one of us will have spent a big chunk of our FAAB on a player who won't be worth much and will move the "winning" bidder a lot closer to the cap.