[USML Announce] Buddha

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Fri Jan 23 10:12:57 EST 2004

Buddha (and others):

  Buddha, welcome to the league.  I will try to provide a more exhaustive
guide to our league membership, but since you have indicated (through
Fruiter) that pro football affiliation is important (as it should be), I
will provide that information for you now.  First, I am a huge, life-long
Packer fan, having grown up in Appleton, 30 miles from Lambeau.  This year I
finally acquired season tickets (through E-bay, not through the list) and
went to all of the gold package home games.  My priorities are simple:  I
would rather have the Pack win one more Super Bowl than win our roto league
even once (and as I'm sure others will point out, there is little chance of
that).  My oldest son Ezra, who will be 10 in a few days, is an even bigger
fan than me (and number 17,463 on the season ticket waiting list), so you
know I am raising them right.

  Second, beware: our league is filled with downtrodden Bears fans.  By my
count, at least the following owners:

1. Klein
2. Winick
3. Shabelman
4. Kerber
5. Robbins (season ticket holder)

I don't know about Gammons who grew up in Indy or Barrett (Calamari), but as
you can see, this is almost an epidemic in our league.  These sorts of
affiliations should be considered carefully when dealing with league
members.

  Our league members worry about all this, so they have for years been
planting false rumors that I am not willing to trade my players.  This is
false.  The Bombers are always open to trades and working the phones,
especially with fellow Packer fans.  Don't believe what you will hear, and
remember: consider the source.

  Anyway, welcome aboard.  Our league has now been going for 16 years
(Winick and I are the only charter members left), but it has always needed
more Packer fans.

  -- Mark Blocker (Commissioner, and owner of the Block's Bombers)