[USML Announce] Buddha

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 11:19:10 EST 2004

In a message dated 1/23/2004 9:13:20 AM Central Standard Time,
mblocker at Sidley.com writes:
Our league members worry about all this, so they have for years been planting
false rumors that I am not willing to trade my players.  This is false.  The
Bombers are always open to trades and working the phones, especially with
fellow Packer fans.
Buddha,

A full report on the predilictions of league members will follow shortly.
But this little missive by Mark Blocker must be addressed immediately.  It is
entirely accurate that Mark is always willing to trade his players.
Unfortunately, his trade inquiries are typically along the lines of "I'll trade you Adam
Riggs, Robert Person and Scott Schoenweiss for Alfonso Soriano."  Sure, Mark
will occasionally make a silly trade, like Ichiro for a bum like Gil Meche, but
you'll find those occasions to be incredibly rare.  I believe it is Andy
Klein who summed up Mr. Blocker's trading philosophy as follows:  "If its a fair
deal - I'm not interested."

More to follow.

Jeff Winick - A Michigan graduate and a lifelong Bears fan. (Although I did
own Favre in both of my fantasy football leagues)