[USML Announce] Buddha

Doug Shabelman DougS at BurnsSports.com
Fri Jan 23 11:28:29 EST 2004

Jeff-

It's one thing to bet money on the Packers, but it's just not acceptable to
own Favre unless you do so simply to bench his ass.  Please keep this in
mind in future fantasy leagues and if anyone else has a problem with it, you
know where to find me.

-A Now Even More Angry Young Men Owner, Doug Shabelman

-----Original Message-----
From: JHWinick at aol.com [mailto:JHWinick at aol.com]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 10:19 AM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Buddha

In a message dated 1/23/2004 9:13:20 AM Central Standard Time,
mblocker at Sidley.com writes:

Our league members worry about all this, so they have for years been
planting false rumors that I am not willing to trade my players.  This is
false.  The Bombers are always open to trades and working the phones,
especially with fellow Packer fans.

Buddha,

A full report on the predilictions of league members will follow shortly.
But this little missive by Mark Blocker must be addressed immediately.  It
is entirely accurate that Mark is always willing to trade his players.
Unfortunately, his trade inquiries are typically along the lines of "I'll
trade you Adam Riggs, Robert Person and Scott Schoenweiss for Alfonso
Soriano."  Sure, Mark will occasionally make a silly trade, like Ichiro for
a bum like Gil Meche, but you'll find those occasions to be incredibly rare.
I believe it is Andy Klein who summed up Mr. Blocker's trading philosophy as
follows:  "If its a fair deal - I'm not interested."

More to follow.

Jeff Winick - A Michigan graduate and a lifelong Bears fan. (Although I did
own Favre in both of my fantasy football leagues)