[USML Announce] 7-04 USML Moves

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 15:01:19 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/6/2004 1:37:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
SpringKerb at aol.com writes:
Actually, that was Barrett.

But since I'm in a magnanimous mood, I'm going to admit defeat on this one.
The Republicans, by contrast, have been models of consistency.  Take, for
example, our reasons for being in Iraq.  It's the 9-11 connection.  Oh no,
wait--it's the weapons of mass destruction.  No, actually, we're liberating the Iraqi
people (and they love us for it).  Whatever it is, darn it, that's our story
and we're sticking to it.

Mark
My apologies to Buddha.

Mark, you and I have found something to agree upon.  The consistency of the
Republicans is something that I, too, must begrudgingly acknowledge.  Take Dick
Cheney's position on gay marriage.  He's all for equal rights for homosexuals
and to prove that he trots out his lesbian daughter.  But on reflection he's
opposed to gay marriage because its immoral.  That's his story and he's
sticking with it and in his immortal (but not terribly moral words) "you can go
*$#&*% yourself" if you don't like it.