[USML Announce] This Morning's USML News

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 15:44:35 EDT 2004

In a message dated 7/19/2004 1:06:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
SpringKerb at aol.com writes:
Is that the best you can do, Jeff?  I got some serious yuks out of Blocker's
little missive, and I was looking forward either to something equally
creative, or at least a big-time torrent of venom.  Let me help you with an idea.  How
about if you write us a song--something to the tune of an old Linda Ronstadt
hit (You're No Good) or maybe Santana (Evil Ways)?
Mark, although I'll certainly concede that it must be entertaining to the
rest of league to watch Mark and me bicker  (that's me on the right), but I
didn't find Mark's recent post to be creative or entertaining in the least.
Newspaper articles and breaking news reports are a Winick/Jansen invention.    Brad,
in particular, did a far better job than this.

And Mark had already used the whole "catching me in the standings" thing.
All I can say is YAWN.

And the bit about Shandler is now very, very tired.

Let's see, what other "creative" things were included in the article:

1.  The bit about Greinke.
I find it amazing that Mark still doesn't understand my point.  Its not that
Greinke would have helped this year - Mulder is doing a fine job of that (and
is a significant factor in the mere 4 point discrepancy between the Berliners
and the Bombers).  Its that Grienke would have helped for the next 5 years.
The Cups understood.  Mark Kerber understood.  Andy Klein certainly understood.
 Only Mr. Drive for Five seems to have missed it.

2.  I complained about the Blocker/Kerber deal.

Nope - that was Andy.  I said it was an excellent deal for a team shooting
for fifth.    Still think so.

3.  My Lamborghini?

Give me a break.  I drive a 5 year old Subaru station wagon.  Its Robbins
that drives the BMW.

4.  Where is Brad when I need him.
Didn't Klein come up with Riperliners years ago?

Mark is a high powered, Harvard educated, Sidley, Austin Brown & Wood
partner.  I, for one, would like to see something commensurate with that pedigree
reflected in his postings.  This one didn't measure up in my not at all humble
opinion.

Jeff

How's that for a little venom, Mr. Kerber.

Now, I'm off to drink myself silly   in recognition of the end of the 04
Berliners campaign.

Congratulations to the almost certain 04 champion Nukes.

And go Lance!!!

That's all for now.

Jeff Winick