[USML Announce] USML - Important news

Usmltrans at aol.com Usmltrans at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 19:00:06 EDT 2004

Gang:

  Two important pieces of news concerning submission of roster moves  over
the next two weeks.

  First, next week Jeff Winick will handle the commissioner duties, as  I
will be out of town on vacation and with very limited e-mail access.

  Second, please pay careful attention to the rules concerning bidding  and
timing of trades, especially given the possibility that a number of useful
players will come into the league by trades.  Two important notes  here:

1.  Please be aware that you cannot bid your entire remaining FAAB  budget on
multiple players.  For example, if you have $30 left, you cannot  bid $30 on
two different players; you must specify which of the bids are  contigent.

2.  The non-continguous trade deadline is August 8 (the first  trasaction
reporting deadline after August 1).  This means that you can  only make trades
with teams that are not contiguous with your team in the  standings until August
8.  After that date, contiguity is measured by the  Sunday standings.

  Please e-mail me or the league generally if you have any  questions.