[USML Announce] Republcans for Sale

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Thu Jun 10 09:32:47 EDT 2004

In a message dated 6/10/2004 6:52:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
SpringKerb at aol.com writes:
In a message dated 6/10/2004 6:46:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
john.fruit at usbank.com writes:
considering all decent prospects and cheap keepers
have been purged from the contenders (Greinke, excluded, of course).
K-Rod, Lew Ford, Jason Frasor, Ugie, Luis Matos, Juan Dominguez, Matt LeCroy
and Freddy Garcia all wish to express their disappointment at having been so
casually slighted.

Mark
Good Luck!!!  Try any of those out with Buddha - I await his response with
great anticipation.  Even a believer in Reaganomics will be able to see through
that nonsense.

K-Rod is $13 and only the closer until Percival returns.  At $13, he'd have
to be the closer to be of any interest whatsoever.  And let's see - he's closed
how many games now?  Lew Ford is having a nice season, but is on a team with
lots of competition and given a lack of pedigree, he's definitely not an A
quality keeper.  Frasor is this year's Aquilino Lopez (I'm surprised he's not on
the list).  Nuff said.  Ugie has only 8 saves for a bad team and is as likely
as not to be in the NL next year.  Matos - come on, that .249 batting average
reflects thoroughly mediocre skills.  Juan Dominguez is a rookie pitcher for
TEXAS....next.  Matt LeCroy was, in fact, acquired for the price of a used
piece of chewing gum and you overpaid.  Freddy Garcia???  $11 Freddy Garcia??  I
recall there's one team that traded away a boatload of talent for Gil Meche -
so there's hope.  But I'd say outside of that, you're unlikely to find any
takers.

Mark, you owe the Brats an apology.  They called it like they saw it and they
were right.

That is all.