[USML Announce] Chatter

Andrew R. Klein anrklein at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 10:59:06 EDT 2004

As Rick might say, Greetings!

First, Ronnie Belliard strongly objects to being called a "gum wrapper" (Belliard being the primary player acquired for LeCroy).  In fact, by the measure of Kerber's puffery, he really should be called "Franchise player for which someone should give me five players".

Second, I fear that our friend Doug may soon learn what the Roto Gods think about trading bums like Youkilis and Gobble for superstars.  Did anyone catch the following in the news this morning?:  "[Schilling] has had a sore ankle since the begining of the season, and has had to take shots prior to his starts to relieve the pain. Schilling also wears a brace on the ankle between starts. For now, he will continue to pitch with discomfort, but Schilling's injury is something you should keep an eye on."

That is all.

-Andy (a.k.a. The Owner of cheap stars of the future such as Craig Monroe, Ben Broussard, and Rod Barajas!)
Andrew R. Klein
Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis
(317) 274-2099