[USML Announce] Chatter

Doug Shabelman DougS at BurnsSports.com
Thu Jun 10 11:07:53 EDT 2004

Dearest brother-in-law-

I'll take Curt's bum ankle over Sinking Sidney Ponson's girth everyday.

This needling also coming from the puffery-laden Klein-9 owner who shovels
off one-year wonders Carlos Guillen and fellow MOT Scott Schoenweis.... but
then has the audacity to state that Gobble and Youkilis are bums???

Even little sister Beth is ashamed about Klein being the baby's middle name
at this point....

DS

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew R. Klein [mailto:anrklein at yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 9:59 AM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: [USML Announce] Chatter

As Rick might say, Greetings!

First, Ronnie Belliard strongly objects to being called a "gum wrapper"
(Belliard being the primary player acquired for LeCroy).  In fact, by the
measure of Kerber's puffery, he really should be called "Franchise player
for which someone should give me five players".

Second, I fear that our friend Doug may soon learn what the Roto Gods think
about trading bums like Youkilis and Gobble for superstars.  Did anyone
catch the following in the news this morning?:  "[Schilling] has had a sore
ankle since the begining of the season, and has had to take shots prior to
his starts to relieve the pain. Schilling also wears a brace on the ankle
between starts. For now, he will continue to pitch with discomfort, but
Schilling's injury is something you should keep an eye on."

That is all.

-Andy (a.k.a. The Owner of cheap stars of the future such as Craig Monroe,
Ben Broussard, and Rod Barajas!)
Andrew R. Klein
Indiana University School of Law-Indianapolis
(317) 274-2099