[USML Announce] Non Roster Invitees

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Mon Mar 8 13:56:41 EST 2004

Is it just me, or are others starting to pine for a post-opening day draft?
Is that possible at this point, if we went two weeks out?  -- Mark B.

-----Original Message-----
From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net]On Behalf
Of JHWinick at aol.com
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 12:54 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Non Roster Invitees

In a message dated 3/8/2004 12:49:24 PM Central Standard Time,
anrklein at yahoo.com writes:

First, people compete to be at the top of the reserve draft -- it *should*
be an advantage in picking prospects, if that's what owner wants to do.

No argument - it should be an advantage in picking prospects.  But it
shouldn't be an advantage in picking major league players.  The NRI list is
chock full of players that may have major league value this year - not mere
prospects.  Give me one good reason to exclude them other than a desire for
simplicity.

Jeff

Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP mail server made the following annotations on
03/08/2004, 12:58:05 PM

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is
privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.