[USML Announce] Draft Eligibility - PLEASE VOTE

Jim Barrett chicagojab at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 11:38:53 EST 2004

I vote for option #1.  To be honest, this isn't really a big deal to me.  As far as I'm concerned I'd be willing to go as far as opening the auction to anyone not officially connected to a National league team.

JHWinick at aol.com wrote:I believe that a consensus is forming around option number 3.  The only two individuals who have voted otherwise are Klein and Blocker and well......what else is new?

The only remaining issue is the one that Rich identified:  Do those who voted for option three want to limit the list to players who have exhausted rookie of the year eligibility or not?  On this issue there appears to be a split.  It sounds like Jim agrees with me that there is no reason to distinguish between rookies on the 40 man rosters and rookies on the NOI list.  On the other hand, Rich along with a few others want to limit it to just players without ROY eligibility.

So.....one last vote:

1.    Eligible players shall include players on the 40 man rosters and the listed players off of the NOI lists (including ROY eligible players who may make the opening day roster) or

2.    Eligible players shall include players on the 40 man roster and the listed players off of the NOI lists (NOT INCLUDING ROY eligible players who may make the opening day roster, i.e. Crain, Blanton and Reed).

Thanks.  Lets try to get this wrapped up today.

Jeff Winick