[USML Announce] Draft Eligibility - PLEASE VOTE

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Tue Mar 9 11:44:22 EST 2004

Actually, I counted at least four votes for option 1: Blocker, Klein,
Kerber, and Barrett.  Who comprises the consensus for 3?

-----Original Message-----
From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net]On Behalf
Of JHWinick at aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 10:12 AM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Draft Eligibility - PLEASE VOTE

I believe that a consensus is forming around option number 3.  The only two
individuals who have voted otherwise are Klein and Blocker and
well......what else is new?

The only remaining issue is the one that Rich identified:  Do those who
voted for option three want to limit the list to players who have exhausted
rookie of the year eligibility or not?  On this issue there appears to be a
split.  It sounds like Jim agrees with me that there is no reason to
distinguish between rookies on the 40 man rosters and rookies on the NOI
list.  On the other hand, Rich along with a few others want to limit it to
just players without ROY eligibility.

So.....one last vote:

1.    Eligible players shall include players on the 40 man rosters and the
listed players off of the NOI lists (including ROY eligible players who may
make the opening day roster) or

2.    Eligible players shall include players on the 40 man roster and the
listed players off of the NOI lists (NOT INCLUDING ROY eligible players who
may make the opening day roster, i.e. Crain, Blanton and Reed).

Thanks.  Lets try to get this wrapped up today.

Jeff Winick

Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP mail server made the following annotations on
03/09/2004, 10:45:53 AM

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is
privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.