[USML Announce] A Few Other Details to Ponder

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Thu Mar 11 08:19:55 EST 2004

You are the man. . .

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of SpringKerb at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 7:05 AM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] A Few Other Details to Ponder

In a message dated 3/10/2004 9:52:37 PM Central Standard Time,
RERobbins at iTinker.net writes:

Should we allow roster moves in advance of MLB opening day?

When will we first entertain FAAB bids?

Rich, Rich, Rich--you, of all people.  This was one of the things I
circulated, and on which I think we had consensus, back when I circulated my
early draft rules proposal.

I proposed that transactions be reportable, in the ordinary course,
beginning the week prior to major league opening day.  Unless that presents
major logistical issues,  I think it's the best way to operate, since the
early draft will no doubt leave at least some rosters in need a couple of
early moves.  Also, that way, everyone can take a shot at the FAs who've
gained value since the draft.