[USML Announce] Stat Services

Blocker, Mark B. mblocker at Sidley.com
Wed Sep 1 10:38:08 EDT 2004

Rich and others:

  Although puzzling, the consistent response I have received from TQStats is
that the cumulative ABs/IPs will not appear.  However, as an attempted fix,
I have tried to set our "league setup rules" to treat ABs and IPs as a
scoring category that is weighted zero (all scoring categories are assigned
a weighting, so if you wanted HRs or some other category to "count" more
heavily in the standings, you could do so; we currently have the rules set
so the weighting for each category is "1" which means each the category is
weighted equally).  We should know tomorrow if this fix works.  In any
event, the people at TQStats have promised to get back to me today to let me
know if this will work or if they can implement some other fix.  I will keep
you posted.

  -- Mark B.

(ignore my earlier, incomplete e-mail)

-----Original Message-----
From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net]On
Behalf Of Richard E. Robbins
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 9:27 AM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Stat Services

My point is simply that we have a rule on the books that we have no way of
implementing at the moment.  Either we get TQ Stats to report the data
(which I understand Mark Blocker is working on) or we waive the rule for
this year.  On a going-forward basis we may need to either abandon the rule
or TQ Stats.  I wanted to raise the issue for fear that it could have an
impact on the standings -- not for the Red-Hots though.

-- Rich

On September 1, 2004, SpringKerb at aol.com wrote:

> I'd like to get a service that shows me having a better BA and more HRs
and
> RBIs.
>
> But, I agree that ABs and IP would be an improvement.  Also, we used  to
be
> able to generate stat reports for pretty much any defined time period
easily.
> If we can do that with the current service, I haven't figured out  how to
> make it work.
>
> On the other hand, there are some nice features that I like, including
> pricing and projection features, that our old site didn't have.
>
> Mark

Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP mail server made the following annotations on 09/01/2004, 09:40:55 AM

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.