[USML Announce] Ordonez $75M Deal

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Feb 7 13:26:12 EST 2005

In a message dated 2/7/2005 12:21:20 P.M. Central Standard Time,
rickgam at comcast.net writes:

Greetings;
     Mr. Monroe and his $30 belt will be seen all  year patrolling the
outfield of Comerica.
     By the way, it's being overlooked in the  accounts I've read but Detroit
wasn't completely stupid - there's a  stipulation that the contract is null
and void if Mags misses more than 25  games this year due to his knee.
    Rick

Is that before or after the game?  I assume he'll be out there looking  for
loose change.

As for Mags - the deal provides that the remaining years are void if he
misses more than 25 games.  They'd still be on the hook for the full $12  million
this year.  Can you say STUPID.  Reminds me of the deal that  Texas cut with
Arod.  The next highest bidder was at least $50 million  less.  In this case,
Detroit was up against NO other bidders.

The things that make you go hmmmm.