[USML Announce] Draft Time

JHWinick at aol.com JHWinick at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 11:12:58 EST 2005

Whew - the last time I enjoyed a playoff game that much was.......let's
see......the last time the Packers made the playoffs and choked.  And that  would
be ....last year.....and the year before that.....and the year before  that.
Not the two years prior to that, because they weren't in the  playoffs.  But
the year just prior to that....yep - choked again.

What I've come to learn about Packers fans is that they, like Blocker,
believe that a middle of the pack finish is an acceptable result.   Something akin
to a "drive for five" mentality toward competitive  endeavors.

What I respect about guys like Klein, Kerber, Shabelman and other Bears'  fan
is their attitude toward the NFL as well as more important pursuits,  like
Rotisserie.  Its all or nothing, baby.

To my Packer friends relishing another empty playoff appearance, I offer  you
the words of a man with whom you should be familiar.  Listen to his  words:

"Winning isn't everything, its the only thing."

"If you can accept losing, you can't win."

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

and the one that sums it all up:

"There is no room for second place. There is only one  place in my game and
that is first place. I have finished second twice in my  time at Green Bay and
I never want to finish second again. "

_Vince Lombardi_
(http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/v/vincelomba165417.html)

So quit your whooping and hollering about a team that finished in the  same
place as the Bears this season - among the losers.  Next time you win  a Super
Bowl, I'll be happy to listen to your celebration.  Until then I  won't be
holding my breath.