[USML Announce] Draft Time

john.fruit at usbank.com john.fruit at usbank.com
Mon Jan 10 11:20:21 EST 2005

I would only say this....if you think that Packer fans think that a
middle-of-the pack finish is an acceptable result, you truly do not
understand the makeup of the fan base. If you could listen to just one hour
of a local radio chat, you would realize just how foolish an assumption
this is.

                      JHWinick at aol.com
                      Sent by:                 To:       announce at usml.net
                      announce-bounces@        cc:
                      usml.net                 Subject:  Re: [USML Announce] Draft Time

                      01/10/2005 10:12
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "USML
                      Announcements"

Whew - the last time I enjoyed a playoff game that much was.......let's
see......the last time the Packers made the playoffs and choked.  And that
would be ....last year.....and the year before that.....and the year before
that.  Not the two years prior to that, because they weren't in the
playoffs.  But the year just prior to that....yep - choked again.

What I've come to learn about Packers fans is that they, like Blocker,
believe that a middle of the pack finish is an acceptable result.
Something akin to a "drive for five" mentality toward competitive
endeavors.

What I respect about guys like Klein, Kerber, Shabelman and other Bears'
fan is their attitude toward the NFL as well as more important pursuits,
like Rotisserie.  Its all or nothing, baby.

To my Packer friends relishing another empty playoff appearance, I offer
you the words of a man with whom you should be familiar.  Listen to his
words:

"Winning isn't everything, its the only thing."

"If you can accept losing, you can't win."

"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

and the one that sums it all up:

"There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game and
that is first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay
and I never want to finish second again. "

Vince Lombardi

So quit your whooping and hollering about a team that finished in the same
place as the Bears this season - among the losers.  Next time you win a
Super Bowl, I'll be happy to listen to your celebration.  Until then I
won't be holding my breath.

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.