[USML Announce] Size

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Mon Jan 24 20:55:47 EST 2005

I'm with Blocker on this one.

-- Rich

  _____

From: announce-bounces at usml.net [mailto:announce-bounces at usml.net] On Behalf
Of MBBlocker at aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 7:41 PM
To: announce at usml.net
Subject: Re: [USML Announce] Size

In a message dated 1/24/2005 10:58:45 AM Central Standard Time,
chicagojab at yahoo.com writes:

I too thought Kerber was acting a little too cocky.  I guess that's what
happens when you win a league title.  I'm ok with either 11 or 12.  I know
someone who might be interested if we expand to 12.

-Jim

Nice play on words.  Perhaps mine will be a minority voice, but I would
prefer to remain at 11 teams.  The current size of the league makes for a
sufficiently challenging game and leaves very few free agents on the market.
Twelve teams would make a lot of sense if we were playing straight roto, but
with ultra, so many of the players that would otherwise be free agents are
stashed on reserve rosters and there is never more than a dozen or so real
free agents.  If we expand to 12 teams, FAAB bidding, which definitely adds
interest, will be almost obsolete because there will be no one on which to
spend FAAB $$$.

Besides, if Kerber and Barrett just want to add another SBC employee as the
12th owner, I would strongly suspect some anticompetitive motive !!!